06 May Simple Tips For Whiter Teeth And Better Sleep
HOME SHELTERING IS THE BEST TIME TO EXPERIMENT
There is no better time to play around with products and practices than in lockdown. And the smallest self improvements can be satisfying when we are anxious.
A simple practice I find effective is using a mouthwash with brightening ingredients every time I brush my teeth. You think you’ve removed coffee, tea, red wine with brushing; you’ll be surprised how much remains in our mouth after swishing. There are many traditional brands with whitening ingredients and now even natural choices such as The Natural Dentist on Amazon.
What does this mean? Fewer products and less time so you can spend more time on your interests than in front of the mirror.
Sleep is an essential part of keeping your immune system strong. However, it can be difficult to get good sleep when we can barely keep up with the day from too much down time.
Being physically active can help you fall asleep more easily, especially morning walks to take in the sun and daily Vitamin D and naturally regulate melatonin.
Go to bed and get up at the same time every day, including the weekends.
Make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, relaxing, and a cool temperature.
Remove electronic devices, such as TVs, computers, and smartphones from your bedroom.
Incorporate essential oils and calming oils to help relieve stress, fight anxiety and relax the body and mind. Not all essential oils are soothing; avoid energizing oils such as lemon, bergamot, peppermint, eucalyptus, lime, grapefruit and basil if you are trying to relax.
Telluride Glow incorporates soothing ingredients in every product since they are formulated for both day and night.
- Geranium Essential Oil in The Alpine Phytonutrient Serum is often used in aromatherapy to reduce feelings of stress, anxiety, sadness, fatigue, and tension, thereby enhancing the general sense of well-being and relaxation, while offering relief from insomnia.
- Rose Otto in Aspen Dew Illuminating Essence and Rose Damascene in Snow Rose Recovery Mask. A small study published in Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice in 2014 indicates that rose essential oil may improve sleep quality in people hospitalized in coronary care units.
- Vanilla bean in The Purist Delicate Skin Serum and Snow Rose Recovery Mask has antidepressant, sedative, tranquilizing, and a relaxing properties
- High altitude Lavender in The Alpine Phytonutrient serum helps to relieve stress, has antidepressant benefits, helps with congestion, promotes sleep, and keeps skin healthy
- Neroli in The Alpine is known for being sedative, tranquilizing and relaxing when inhaled or diffused.
- Chamomile in The Purist and The Alpine soothes the complexion and the mood with anti-inflammatory properties.
I enjoy The Purist massaged around my eyes and face, and The Alpine for neck and décolletage at night.
Stay healthy and strong, and thank you for your continued support.
As always, I’m grateful for you.