10 Dec Creamy Yogurt Sauce
Try this two minute healthy alternative to sour cream that is easily customizable to your menu. Adding a pinch of nutmeg and white pepper is something I picked up from my Belgian-born mother and gives it a European touch, but you can make it yours by tailoring it to your menu; just omit the nutmeg and white pepper. You can add more cream to thin, if desired.
- ½ cup whole milk Greek Yogurt
- 3 T heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Paprika dash on top for color, optional
- Minced parsley, optional
- Hand blend in a small bowl.
Make it yours!
Omit the white pepper and nutmeg.
- Italian: red pepper flakes, black pepper,garlic and parmesan and dollop over pizza
- Mexican: Cumin, lime, and cilantro and spoon over tacos. Jalapenos for heat.
- Asian: Minced lemongrass, basil and cilantro and serve over fish and rice.
- Indian: curry, unsweetened coconut, soy sauce or coconut aminos.
- Sweet: Add Monkfruit or Swerve sugar replacement, cinnamon, chocolate chips, vanilla.